Saturday, October 20, 2007

Send the Rain!


My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:Deuteronomy 32:2


I just felt lead to post about rain. I have family and friends that live in North Carolina and they along with many other states are in extreme need for rain . I have had this CD for sometime but the first time I played it I told my husband that the song Send the rain featured on it would be a hit for this group that we All love here."The Rochester's" If you ever get the chance to hear them, you will get a blessing from this group. The lyrics to this song go so well with what I had in mine for my post.I wanted to share this. I wish I knew how to add the song to my play list, from my mp3 player or a stand along player. If anyone knows I would appreciate the help.:)

Send the Rain

I'm Tired of just the same old thing,tradition,where in your name.

I m tired of a man made worship hour,I'm tired

I'm tired of a song with no praise,where worshiping you is out of place.

I'm tired of religious formalities,I'm tired

Send the rain, send the fire, send the wind,send the Holy Ghost in power

Were ready for revival Lord were ready to walk through that door. Were ready Lord Oh Let it pour, were ready Lord.

Were ready Lord enough is enough, were ready Lord to drink from your cup.

Were Ready.Oh fill us up, were ready Lord~ Send the Rain!

This is a beautiful song, sung to bluegrass type music. So not only wet rain are we all in need of we also need that Holy Ghost Rain to. I hope your life is full of love and over flowing with happiness and if your in a valley there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the Lord will always be there with you.Have a great Sunday .



13 comments:

Gena said...

Thank you SO much for your prayer for rain. We're just south of Atlanta and in the worst drought we've seen in decades. It is a little scary, but I know that God is still in charge.

We are not watering the flowers, the grass or anything else. We are not washing cars. We are all taking super-quick showers. We only run FULL dishwasher loads and FULL loads of clothes.

I also want to hear this song, but I, like you, have no idea how to download music. I'll ask one of my big kids when they come home!

Mississippi Songbird said...

We've got the rain in Mississippi the last few days. Praying that you get it too. It is nearly flooding here now, after such a loing draught over the summer. God provides..

TO BECOME said...

First let me say that I love your picture.

I had a wonderful weekend. Our church celebrated its 30th anniversary. We have a wonderful church and I am so thankful for it. connie from Texas

I really liked the song.

Karen said...

After hearing about the drought that's going on, it makes me think that i should not be complaining about the rain we get here in Northern Ireland but instead be grateful.It rains a lot
here.
Good song.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your comments and prayers! We have been having scattered showers but we are grateful for any rain we get. Be Blessed. Lisa

Kristi said...

I love this post. I have not heard this song yet. What CD is it on?

The words are beautiful.

~Kristi

Karen said...

Yes, we are in drought conditions here, but we got rain last night!!!! Thank you for your prayers.
I love this song, too.

Jennifer in MS said...

What a cute blog! I love your header with the flying birds!

Amen to the song! That's awesome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Have a blessed day!

nannykim said...

Well, I just finished my devotions here on a soft rainy morning in SC (eastern side) and listened to the rain song you mentioned and then the audio clip of Mark Harris's song---The Mark Harris song just made me weep--It is expressive of the prayers we have for our children, isn't it! The rain song --I understand what they are saying, but the strange thing that has happened to us is- we found as we have gone from being Reformed Baptist, to Reformed Presbyterian, and now to Episcople(I always spell this wrong--ignore my spelling!!!)-that we feel like we are there at church to worship. There is something so worshipful about the Hymns,the book of common prayer, the order of worship--the people participating in prayers, the Nicene creed, the taking of the Lord's Supper every week and examining our hearts,tje reading of the Old and New Testament, and Psalms, the majesty of the pipe organ etc. We were shocked the first time we visited--we both came away saying we truly worshipped--we weren't there for ourselves , but to meet and worship the King of Kings (our church is a conservative one, however---so I know a lot of people have trouble with the Episc. church). But I wanted to say that the tradition found in the Anglican worship can be glorious ---Your blog is beautiful!! Thanks.

Betty said...

Lisa,
We are in dire need of rain in the state of Georgia.....

I enjoyed visiting with you and appreciate you dropping in and leaving a comment on the Confederate Rose.....Betty

Kristi said...

Hey, Missy Lail sang this Sunday night (10-28)

~Kristi

Jessica said...

We definitly need the rain. (spiritually and Physically!) In fact my parents are listining to the news right now, and they are talking about the drought here in Ga.

~Jessica

Heather said...

Beautiful!