Thursday, March 6, 2008

WHO ARE YOU?



Identity theft is a big problem in the age of credit cards and Internet it is not hard for someone to retrieve your vital information and pose as you. "Scary thought huh" My mind sure doesn't think like a criminal. I have seen all the crazy commercials where the foot ball player is talking like a woman. God forbid if that ever happen it would not change the essence of who you are. The thief would not steal your true identity- just some superficial information about you.




You identity goes much deeper that ID Numbers. In reality, you are who God says you are. Nothing really matters except whether or not you are identified as a child of God.


That alone will dictate your eternal destiny and that alone will indicate whether you can live life to the fullest.


In 1 John 2 there are three Identity qualifiers-truths that reveal whether we are God's children.

~Scriptures~ 1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. Read 1 John 2:1-11


  • We know that we have to come to know the Lord if we obey His commands.(v:3)

  • whosoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus walked. (v:6)

  • Anyone who claims to be "in the light" will avoid hatred toward others. (v:9)

Who are you? Do you know Jesus? If so, you will obey his commands, walk as He did and love others. No one can ever steal that mark of identity away from you.



Lord Help us never to be ashamed


To take a stand for what is true,


And give us courage to be named


As faithful followers of you.


I hope you enjoyed my devotions today as much as I did.. It is such a wonderful feeling knowing that no one can steal your IDENTITY IN CHRIST. Thanks for coming by. Blessings. Lisa




border=0>


Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com



2 comments:

Hope said...

I love this, Lisa! When I woke up this morning I had Psalms 139 on my mind. If you haven't read this in a while, please do. It goes right along with your study today. I love how God confirms things to us. He knows me inside out like nobody else knows me.

Thank you for sharing what the Lord put on your heart!

Love and Hugs,
Hope

Mississippi Songbird said...

Thanks for the post. I love it.. God bless you and have a great weekend!