Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Little Things~




Thank you for the little things
That fill my heart with hope.
For thinking of these little things
Sure seems to change the scope...

Budding flowers, seedling trees,
A warm afternoon and a cool summer breeze;

The lady bug, the butterfly
Big puffy clouds in a baby blue sky;

The clover patch, the honey bee,
A Sunday brunch or afternoon tea;

The sparkle of a midnight star,
And wishing on it from afar;

The calming effect of an evening rain,
As it taps against the window pane.

For all these things I can't complain!

So, when my life seems rough to me
I think of all your kindness brings,
And I find my spirits lifted up,
For you truly give my soul it's wings.

I hope everyone is having this lovely weather like we are here in the Carolina's. It feels like Summer here. It is supposed to be in the eighty's today. We have the Ac on and it feels nice. Thanks for coming by. God Bless.Lisa

10 comments:

All My Blessings said...

Well Missy, you there in the Carolinas, Spring is just sprouting and it's raining cats and dogs here in Mi. I'm glad you have wonderful weather, we've waited a long time for just a hint of it. I'm so jealous. I've missed you ;) Kae

Linda said...

That was Lovely Lisa..Did you write it?
The weather is so nice here in Ohio..finally!

Have a Wonderful day!
Hugs

Gena said...

It is all about the little things, isn't it? I am daily trying to remember that.

We were just in Holden Beach, NC. Is that anywhere near you? It was gorgeous. We're also having great (but HOT) weather here in Atlanta. My flowers were all in full bloom when we got home yesterday.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Kristi said...

That was beautiful!!
~Kristi

Rebecca said...

Lisa, I noticed you joined me at Life and Godliness. Welcome. You've caught me on vacation and I seem to have left my blogging brains at home, so can think of no other way to communicate my welcome....God bless you today. We traveled over the mountains from N.C. to Tennessee last evening. What beautiful days we are enjoying. Reb ecca

Maxine said...

That is the sweetest poem. Thank you for sharing it with us, Lisa. Today in New Jersey it has been in the low nineties, so we're having an early summer.

TO BECOME said...

I loved this Lisa, Thank you so much. The little things always turn out to be the big things in our life. Have a happy day. connie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
What a beautiful poem/post. All those warm fuzzy things that brong joy to the heart.
hugs Sandra nz

Grace said...

The message on the photo brought chills on me, because I am aware that when I look back, I would not be proud of what I have done. :(
Have a fruitful weekdays ahead, Lisa. :)

Karen said...

Hi Lisa, Just checking back in. I've been switching out my e-mail address as I kept getting tons of spam these days. I'll send you my new one soon.
Hope you're doing well.
Love ya,
K