Friday, May 16, 2008

Warnings In The World

Swans frequently visit Mill Pond, England, where RBC Regional director Howard Liverance lives. He writes, 'It's a beautiful place... where ducks geese, and other water fowl frolic playfully." Yet even in this idyllic setting there has been danger. Across one corner of the pond are some power lines. A number of swans have been killed because they didn't see them as they approached the pond.

Howard talked with some people about this problem and eventually the power company installed red flags on the lines. No the swans can see the danger and avoid it. Since the red flags were installed, not a single swan has died.


God has provided some "red flags" for our protection. the book of proverbs is filled with warnings about evil and encourages us to seek wisdom. In Proverbs 13:1-14
We find several red flags. Scriptures~ Proverbs 13: 1-14

Don't ignore instruction and rebuke~

Verse~1. A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner hearteth not rebuke.

Guard your mouth~

Verse~3 He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.

Beware the pursuit of riches~

Verse~7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing:there is that maketh himself poor,yet hath great riches.

Avoid dishonesty~

Verse~ 11 Wealth gotten by vanity shall be disminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.


Don't disrecpect God~

Verse~13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

The word of God "is a fountain of life to turn [us] away from the snares of death"-Quote by: Anne Cetas


Verse~14The law of the wise is a fountain of life,to depart from the snares of death.

God's Warnings are to Protect us, not to punish us.

I hope we all as Christian's are heeding the warning signs God puts out for us every day. As I look back over my life from birth to now. It really amazes me how much God has protected me and kept me out of harms way or if he allowed be to in a valley he always provided a life jacket or a ladder "so to speak" to get me back up the mountain~ or out of the raging sea.


You may be going through a trial today today or facing a Giant~ Sin in your life.God can take care of all your problems if you will let him.



I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and thanks for sticking with me while We are finishing up the school year. God Bless you.






10 comments:

Nonnas News said...

Thanks for sharing those bible verses with us. Sometimes I need a reminder! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Drop by again soon!

Unknown said...

Yes, we are given such good warning signs, its just to bad we get so caught up in worldy issues we forget. Thanks for this reminder of directions from God..

Unknown said...

I love the picture and are so with you on looking forward to the week-end. Enjoyed looking over your blog.

Mimi said...

God will always protect us from the evil one if we will but watch for, listen to, and heed His warning signs...
thanks for the great post.
Mimi

Alice Grace said...

This post was so uplifting to me! Thanks for a lovely blog! I have enjoyed my visit so much and I will be back often!
Thanks for stopping by mine!

Alice Grace said...

On another subject, I compliment you on that beautiful back yard garden on your sidebar! I love it and will try to do one similar with my birdbath! Thanks!

Gena said...

Lisa, I do many times look back on my life and know just when and where God was. He is always there.

Good luck with finishing up school. We're slowing down, but will continue some school throughout the summmertime.

Have a great week!

Theresa's Notes said...

Amen! that was really good!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Thank you for posting this.. I am reading this from my bible today..
God Bless you..
Bunches of hugs...

TO BECOME said...

I love the book of Proverbs. We can all have wisdom if we just ask God. Great post, Lisa. connie from Texas