Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Decorations










I Just wanted to share some of our Christmas decorations.This was when we started on Thanksgiving Day, so we have added a few more things.We have always put up our tree on Thanksgiving day, a tradition started by my husband and he is ready to take it down before Christmas lol.I always feel a little sad when we take our tree down. I don't know why,I am sentimental. We have always stressed to our girls the real meaning of Christmas that Jesus is the real reason for this season. I think it is important to give from your heart and not from your wallet. Meaning to be a christian witness and give kind words and warm hugs and smiles, these things mean so much more to me than material things. I do think Christmas brings the child likeness out of all of us if we let it and that is a good thing! I ran across the poem and thought you might enjoy it. I hope everyone is well and enjoying your decorating and all the blessings of the Christmas season.


THE FIRST CHRISTMAS TREE

The first Christmas tree was not an evergreen. The tree was tall, had two branches and was lean. It was not brought home on top of a car, They dragged it down Calvary Road, which made it far. It was not decorated with tinsel of silver or gold. On it was a sign declaring Him the King of His fold. We place ornaments on our Christmas tree. With Jesus, it left scars than even Thomas could see. Bright lights shine on Christmas morning. Back then it got dark, and there was mourning. We place a star on top to adorn. A star shone brightly when Jesus was born. The gifts for our families lay around tree. The disciples gathered around asking, “How could this be?” For our children, it brings toys and maybe a game. His tree brought Jesus suffering and shame. So when you decorate your Christmas tree, Think of the One who made all the prophecies come to be. His Gift was not a toy truck, a wagon or doll. On His tree, Jesus gave His life, the greatest Gift of all.

8 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Lisa, I love your Christmas tree, it is beautiful. I am like you, I always feel a little sad taking down the tree. The music is very pretty. Have a good week. connie from Texas

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Everything is just lovely here! Your tree, thoughts, and home are beautiful!
Thanks so much for visiting the Cabin! Many blessings to You!
Claudia O.

Kristi said...

Pretty, pretty tree!!

Great post too. :)

~Kristi

Chyrll said...

The tree and decorations are just beautiful and I love the music.

Anonymous said...

this is a great looking blog check out mine and tell me what you think my name is Chris
chris39.blogspot.com

Theresa's Notes said...

Beautiful Tree!

Gena said...

Your tree is beautiful! We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and I like to leave it up until after the New Year.

I also like the story you shared with us.

Sharon said...

I love your tree! It is so pretty!! I'm sure it takes a while to decorate such a tall tree!! :-)